Our kettle inspection service uses an immersed scanning system that uses ultrasound to measure the kettle wall thickness.
Key benefits of our system:-
- Accurate instant results at inspection, written detailed analysis delivered within a week
- Minimal downtime as the zinc remains in the kettle and the service can be performed outside production hours
- Flexible system means that our engineers can focus on any specific areas of concern you may have
- Rapid response. If an issue with your kettle has occurred, such as an explosion or overheat, we will endeavour to be on site as soon as possible
- Measuring up to 3.1m deep (subject to physical restrictions)
- Over 10 years of experience in the galvanizing inspection industry gives our technicians an excellent knowledge base.
The ultrasound probe is mounted on a framework that sits on top of the kettle (with or without enclosures), whilst the furnace is working. An inspection can be completed within a day as there is no need to remove the zinc from the kettle and will be arranged to ensure minimal loss of production. Our working hours include weekends, a holiday period, or even overnight.
The probe is inserted into the molten zinc and can scan all parts of the kettle wall.
The results are interpreted on a PC and later presented to the client. The ultrasonic inspection report is provided by a specialised ultrasound technician. The measurements taken are accurate to +/- 1.5mm.
Kettle Profile Results
The ultrasonic inspection report is provided by a specialised ultrasound technician. The measurements taken are accurate to +/- 1.5mm.
- Results gathered onsite electronically.
- We aim to provide a detailed report within one week
If you would like to see what our customers think of our services please follow this link to our testimonials and case study page.