Zinco International offers a number of specialist technical services specifically for the hot dip galvanizing sector. Since 2007 our senior engineers have developed extensive knowledge of the kettle inspection process, managing complex molten zinc transfer projects and working closely with other service providers during kettle changes.
Zinco International provide the following services:
- Kettle inspections – using our ZIP System
- Molten zinc transfer
- Emergency kettle pump out
- End of life decommissioning of kettles
- Consultancy services
We have designed a lightweight rigging system which reduces air freight costs considerably and ensures a cost effective solution for our customers.
Kettle Inspection Service
Our kettle inspection service uses our ZIP immersed scanning system that uses ultrasound to measure the kettle wall thickness.
Key benefits of our system:-
- Accurate instant results at inspection, written detailed analysis delivered within a week
- Minimal downtime as the zinc remains in the kettle and the service can be performed outside production hours
- Flexible system means that our engineers can focus on any specific areas of concern you may have
- Rapid response – If an issue with your kettle has occurred, such as an explosion or overheat, we will endeavor to be on site as a matter of urgency
- Over 10 years of experience in the galvanizing inspection industry gives our technicians an excellent knowledge base.
- The ZIP probe is mounted on a framework that sits on top of the kettle (with or without enclosures), whilst the furnace is working.
- The probe is inserted into the molten zinc and can scan all parts of the kettle wall.
- Results are gathered electronically onsite and interpreted later by a specialised ultrasound technician. The measurements taken are accurate to +/- 1.5mm.
- Full inspection report presented to the client within a week of a completed site inspection.
An inspection can be completed within a day as there is no need to remove the zinc from the kettle and will be arranged to ensure minimal loss of production.
Our working hours include weekends, a holiday period, or even overnight.
Kettle Profile Results
The ultrasonic inspection report is provided by a specialised ultrasound technician. The measurements taken are accurate to +/- 1.5mm.
- Results gathered onsite electronically.
- We aim to provide a detailed report within one week
The full report provides an in-depth review of each wall surface, along with a graphical representation. To see an inspection report, please contact us and we will provide a sample of a typical report we produce.
If you would like to see what our customers think of our services please follow this link to our testimonials page.